Reedy Creek Baptist Church was started by a group of believers in 1953. The first service was held in the Younts’ garage building in the Spring of 1953 and was official chartered with 30 members on September 13, 1953. Reverend Reid Stewart served as the first pastor. In 1954, the first church building was constructed on land donated by Buck and Lillie Phillips.
Reverend Earl Swinson became the second pastor at Reedy Creek in July of 1961. He was followed by Reverend Sammy Shoaf (1962). Under Pastor Shoaf’s leadership the Education Building was constructed in 1965. After faithfully serving as pastor for nine years, Pastor Shoaf was succeeded by Reverend Egbert Craven, Jr. who began his ministry at Reedy Creek in 1971. During his multiple years of pastoral leadership, Pastor Craven saw the construction of the Fellowship Building (1974), the new auditorium (1977), and the storage building (1990).